- Shipping Policies
- Product Returns
- Web Orders, Payments, & Returns
- Donation Requests
- Contact Support
University of Hawai'i Kapi'olani Bookstore utilizes United Parcel Service (UPS) for sending orders to its customers within the United States. For international orders, we will utilize the cheapest method available. Rates and delivery times depend on the method chosen for shipping.
- We process orders during our regular business days.
- We make every effort to ship your order within two days after payment is received. If for any reason we are unable to ship your order within the two days we will notify you as soon as possible.
- All addresses within the United States are considered domestic destinations.
- All addresses outside of the United States are considered international destinations and will be subject to International shipping rates and timetables.
- Please provide a street address for your order to be delivered to as UPS cannot deliver to a PO Box or military APO address. If for any reason, UPS is unable to ship to the address indicated, your order will be shipped via the US Postal Service at the UPS rates.
- An adult signature may be required at the given shipping address upon delivery of all shipments made through UPS.
- If you would like to arrange to have the shipment left at an alternate address other than the address indicated please contact UPS to make arrangements. UPS fees due to address changes after shipping will be assessed to customer.
Most of our shipping rates are determined by the number of items shipped to you, except in cases where the item is lighter or heavier than 1 lb. (actual or dimensional weight). Tshirts and sweatshirts are generally considered $1 additional regardless of actual weight. Any other items are subject to weight adjustment.
|Within Hawai'i||$8 for the 1st item
$1 each additional item
|UPS Ground - US Mainland||$9 for the 1st item
$1 each additional item
|UPS 2nd Day - US Mainland||$14 for the 1st item
$1.50 each additional item
|All orders to Alaska||$14 for the 1st item
$1.50 each additional item
|International||$35 for the 1st item
$5 each additional itembased on a 1lb item
For international orders, the customer may be contacted for additional shipping charges if actual charges exceed collected amount and is responsible for any taxes or other associated costs charged by the US Customs Department.
Shipping rates are subject to change at any time.
The time it takes for your order to arrive depends on the method used to send your order to you. Times are for shipping only and do not include processing time.
|Destination||Shipping Method||Ship Time|
|Within Hawai'i||UPS Overnight||1-2 business days|
|US Mainland||UPS Ground||5-8 business days|
|US Mainland||UPS 2nd Day Air||2-3 business days|
|Alaska||UPS 2nd Day Air||2-3 business days|
|International||Dependent on shipping method. The University of Hawai'i Bookstore cannot determine an accurate time for international shipping.|
Gifts and Returns
- For returns please the next section below.
Refunds & Exchanges
Save your receipt!!! Receipts are required for all refunds and exchanges.
The following items are not eligible for refunds:
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Class notes
- Clearance merchandise
- Graduation merchandise
- Reference books, travel books, magazines, and newspapers
- Test preparation books and study aids
Computers & Supplies
Hardware and/or software purchases are for personal/department use and cannot be sold rented, leased, or given to any other person or entity within one year from the date of purchase. Violation of the terms and conditions constitute misuse and the University of Hawai'i may take administrative and/or legal action against individuals and entities violating the terms of this agreement.
You have 14 calendar days from day of purchase to return merchandise for a refund. Merchandise must be returned in its original unopened packaging. All sales are final on computer hardware, software, clearance, and demonstration merchandise. A 20% restocking fee may apply for select merchandise. Receipts are required for all refunds and exchanges.
SUMMER session books may be returned for a refund (purchase & rental) within the first three days of instruction. After the first three days of instruction, all sales are final.
FALL and SPRING session books may be returned for a refund (purchase & rental) within the first week of instruction. After the first week of instruction, all sales are final.
2019 Textbook Refund Deadlines by Academic Term
Spring - January 11, 2019
Summer Session I - May 22, 2019
Summer Session II - July 3, 2019
Fall - August 30, 2019
Books must be clean and free of markings, and original receipt is required for all refunds. Please do not open plastic seals or mark new books until you know that you will keep them.
Used books may be sold for retail or wholesale value during annual Buyback periods. For more information about Buyback, please refer to our Buyback FAQ.
For more information about Textbook Rentals, please refer to our Textbook Rental Agreement.
We do everything within our power to have your required book available within the first week of instruction for each term. If your book sells out, we can help you make a special order at the Textbook Information Desk. Shipping costs apply for special orders made after the first week of instruction. If you are having trouble finding your book, please see our Textbook Information Desk.
Apparel & Game Gear
Returns must be made within 30 calendar days from the date of purchase. All sales are final on discontinued or clearance merchandise. Items must be returned in original condition. Receipts are required for all refunds and exchanges.
Merchandise purchased through this website may be returned for a refund or exchange according to the policies above. Merchandise must be in new and saleable condition. Only the cost of the merchandise will be refunded, any shipping costs will not be refunded unless the return is due to an error from the bookstore.
Online returns and exchanges should be sent to:
University of Hawai'i Kapi'olani Bookstore
Attn: Mail Orders
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
Web Orders, Payments, & Returns
Visa, Mastercard, Discover and JCB payments are accepted for online orders. Credit cards will not be charged until the order is shipped.
If you are paying by scholarship, with a personal check, or money order, contact E-Commerce at 1-800-842-6657 to place a telephone order. Personal checks must be made out to "University of Hawai'i" and must be accompanied by ID number for drivers license or state ID.
In some instances, items ordered may no longer be available. If items ordered are not in stock, the bookstore will process the items that are available and cancel the remaining items. Customer will be notified by telephone or email. The exception will be textbook orders required for class. A special order will be generated and the book will ship when available. Customer may be responsible for special order shipping from the vendor during certain periods but will be notified of the charges before the request is fulfilled.
In the event of an incorrect price, the customer will be contacted of the error before any action is taken. If you have a question about an online order, please call 1-800-842-6657.
We adhere to Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, and JCB's policies, which state that a credit card is not valid unless signed by the cardholder. The University of Hawai'i Bookstores strictly adheres to this policy to help protect its customers' identities.
UH Bookstores cashiers must verify your identity as the rightful cardholder by:
- Asking you for some form of valid ID.
- Making sure the card is signed before completing the sale.
- Comparing the ID signature to the signatures on the card and sales draft.
If you wish to submit a request a donation from the UH Bookstore*, please include the following on a letterhead 4 weeks prior to your desired donation pickup date:
- A brief description of the organization and the mission of the organization.
- A brief description of the event including:
- The title of the event
- The date(s) of the event
- The purpose of the event
- The intended audience or reach of the event
- What types and quantities of items you are requesting for the donation
- Any marketing considerations that will be given for the Bookstore
- The date that the donations are needed by
- The contact name and information for the person who will be picking up the donated items
*Priority will be given to organizations and events that serve students in their academic success and enrichment of their college experience, and events that are for the benefit of the campus community.
Donation requests are subject to approval by the UH Bookstore System Director, Operations Manager, or Store Manager prior to being fulfilled. Please allow 3-4 weeks for all donations.
Links to Our Website
The bookstore is not responsible for the content of websites who place links to our website from their webpages.
Companies or individuals who place links to our website from their webpages do so at their own discretion without our knowledge and cannot be controlled by the bookstore.
The bookstore is also not responsible for errors resulting from incorrect links to our site.
Bookstore prices and policies are subject to change at any time without notification.